When considering a photographer for your event, realize that this will be one of the only things which will last after your event is done. With the exception of your dress and the pictures, most everything will be only a distant memory afterward. In order to get the most out of the studio, you hire.
When considering a photographer for your event, realize that this will be one of the only things which will last after your event is done. With the exception of your dress and the pictures, most everything will be only a distant memory afterward. In order to get the most out of the studio you hire, there are a few tips you can use.
Budget – Understand that allowing a little more in your photography budget is worth it in the long run. If you spend a little less in other areas will give you more room to get better quality. Things like your cake, which will be eaten and forgotten, can be obtained at a lower cost if you do your homework. We are not suggesting that you don’t get a quality cake, but rather than a very good quality cake can be gotten for less, and the excess in that budget can be applied to your photography.
This principle can apply to anything which you want to have more budget. You can look to save on less important items in order to make room for ones that truly matter to you.
Style – Every photographer will be different. To get a sense of what their body of work is like, go meet with them at an expo or make an appointment to see them at their place of business. Look over all the albums and ask to see entire sets of pictures. What you’re looking for is to see the kinds of pictures taken indoors, outdoors and whether or not they have good lighting and composition throughout. Below are some questions to ask your photographer.
Based on what you’re looking for, the answers you want may vary.
1. Who will actually take my pictures? Is it you, or will you send another person? How many photographers will cover my event? (It is not necessary for you to have more than one. Many great photographers only work solo.)
2. What is included in my package? You will want to know how many hours, how many pictures, what pre-sessions, prints, frames, and other products are included. You may want to get an album or another keepsake of your event. Always ask if this is included or extra.
3. May I see a full event? Looking at all the pictures will give you an idea of this photographer’s capabilities in different situations.
4. Will I get all my pictures of the event? Many photographers only give a certain number of pictures included in the package, for example, 100 prints in a box and extras available at additional cost. It is important to know whether you can obtain all of the photographs as part of your package.
5. When does coverage actually start? This will depend greatly on your photographer and the kind of package you select. Make sure you select the length of coverage you will need to cover all of your desired moments. If you want to include a “getting ready” in your pictures, but your package only includes time from the church onward, you will need to adjust to fit the getting ready in.
6. Do you offer payment plans and what method of payment do you accept? As a final tip, remember that this person will be at your event most of the day. You will want to make sure you like this person and can get along with them during all of it. If you feel uneasy or not a great fit with this person, it will make you stress out on your day. Be sure you click. If they make you smile, feel at ease, and bring out the best in you, you can be sure your pictures will be something you will treasure for a lifetime.
- Are you thinking about hiring a photographer for your quince años? A professional 15 photographer makes the quinceañera court look like they just stepped out of a magical fairytale! Imagine being part of a storybook photo shoot where you are the princess! Photography is the one area where you should not try to save money. Professional quinceañera photographers capture the moment in a way that amateur photographers can’t. These hard-working memory-makers capture moments that will make your quince años last forever in the hearts of whomever looks at your album!
Note: You should always be able to choose your quinceanera photographer. Beware of any photographers that are pushed on you by halls or other places. These photographers are often ‘house’ photographers who do not put their heart and soul into their work. They take the same old boring pictures and poses. Our photographers are professionals who take pride in their work and want the very best for their clients.